Sherman Library & Gardens welcomes visitors, commercial photographers, and members of the media on our grounds according to the policies and procedures outlined below.
“Vacation-style” or impromptu photography is permitted throughout the gardens without a reservation. Amateur photographers may not use their representations of the library or gardens for public or commercial use unless approved by Sherman Library & Gardens.
- Tripods are allowed but cannot be placed in plant beds or on benches
- Additional photographic equipment is prohibited except under commercial contract. This includes: drones, lights, reflectors, props, costumes, and model
- All persons included in the shoot must come ‘camera ready’ as dressing rooms are not available and public restrooms may not be used for dressings and/or changing
- No activities are permitted that may disturb or limit the experience of other visitors
- Photography is not permitted inside any buildings on the property, this includes the Adobe and Library
All posed photography, both commercial and non-commercial, require a reservation.
Non-commercial, posed photography includes, but, is not limited to: Wedding and engagement photography, graduation and prom portraits, quinceañeras, maternity and family portraits*
Availability & Reservations
- Permits may be acquired for a two hour photography session between 10:30 am – 3 pm on Mondays – Fridays
- Sessions cannot be scheduled during special events or member-exclusive events
- Reservations must be made at least two days in advance, walk-ins are not allowed
- Sherman Library & Gardens reserves the right to all photography site locations at any given time with or without notice. Some sites may not be available the day of your reservation due to unforeseen circumstances or garden maintenance and seasonal restrictions may apply
Permit Fees are based on the number of people entering the gardens for the shoot. This number must include any photographers and/or videographers.
1 – 10 people: $150
Over 10 people: Contact Venue Manager
After Hours Photography: $500/2 hours and $250 for each additional hour
To apply for a photography permit and reserve a session time, please contact:
Beverly Morgan, Venue Manager, at [email protected] or 949-673-2261 ext. 308
Commercial Photography & Filming: For rate information and scheduling please contact Beverly Morgan, Venue Manager, at [email protected] or 949-673-2261 ext. 308.
Student Portfolio Photography & Filming is permitted, however certain restrictions do apply. Reservations are required. For additional information and reservations please contact Beverly Morgan, Venue Manager, at [email protected] or 949-673-2261 ext. 308.
*Sherman Library & Gardens Sponsor Level Members are eligible for one family portrait session each year free of charge. Sponsor level membership is $500. Certain restrictions do apply. For more information please call 949-673-2261.