Join the Volunteers for gardening, fun, and comradery!
Creativity, comradery, a passion for and/or gardening skills help assist in furthering the ideals and activities of Sherman Library & Gardens. Volunteers help make Sherman Gardens the warm, wonderful, and amazing gardens, not only for our local community, but, for all that visit! Join a wonderful group that welcomes your volunteerism.
Monthly Business Meeting
The Volunteers meet the third Tuesday of the month (no meeting in December) in the Tea Garden at 9:30 am. This meeting includes updates from Sherman staff, visiting speakers, and an opportunity to socialize with other like-minded individuals.
On the first Monday of the month, a fabulous breakfast is served by Volunteers in the Tea Garden. We meet at 9 am and serve breakfast at 9:15 am.
Two-hour monthly commitment to assist the horticulture staff from 8 – 10 am (before the gardens open) in keeping our gardens beautiful. One day a week is ‘group gardening’ or you can come on down any weekday.
Two-hour monthly commitment greeting guests and answering questions, while offering warmth and hospitality to Sherman Gardens visitors.
- Ambassador Program, Garden Tour, Gardens Party, Creatures of the Night, Night of 1000 Lights, Holiday Gift Faire
- Numerous plant sales/exhibits
- Garden Shop
- Sowers Group
- Sherman Library
- Field Trips
- Assist education staff with Story Time, crafts, camps, etc.
- Six-hour monthly toal commitment (or 72 hours a year) including two hours monthly gardening
- Attendance at monthly volunteer meetings
- Volunteering for Sherman Garden Events
- Active Volunteer annual dues: $20
New Provisional Volunteer Training
There is a Provisional Training Orientation 2-4 times a year. Once you send us the information that you are interested, you will be contacted as soon as the next group is scheduled.
For information about becoming a Volunteer please fill in the form below or contact:
Sherman Library & Gardens Volunteer Association