Corona del Mar was founded in 1904. More than four decades later, few people lived in Corona del Mar. Lots sold for a few hundred dollars. But, in the years following World War II, Corona del Mar became a sought after location. Historic Corona del Mar explores this transformation through photographs, maps, and artifacts.
For decades, mariners entering Newport Harbor sailed past China House – a pink-stucco, green-tiled tribute to Chinese architecture. The house was built by William and Sarah Lindsay in 1930, and China Cove derived its name from it.